Tuesday, April 26, 2011

a debate with deliciousness

I am between temptation and duty!

After soothing rain on the roof all night, morning brings the sun - gushing in through the windows, sprawling temptingly on the carpet, dazzling me with seductive whispers:
“Come! Let me loosen your bones, warm your skin... give you the Cheshire Cat’s smile!”

I want to ignore the computer, take off my clothes and lie in blissful worship, but duty calls.

I put Cesaria on at full volume, linger over coffee, clean my mop, hang washing, but the inner doorbell rings insistently: report, article, costing sheet!

I’m alone in the house – it’s been a while. I knew the idea of using the time to work was an illusion I would find hard to take seriously. I have been quick-stepping with time, duty and deadlines while making every effort to twirl a social, make a meal or two, cuddle everyone and enjoy the moment. Suddenly the moment is open and here I stand between two realities: opportunity to work and opportunity to play…

So why the diddley-whatsit am I debating with myself?

I shall do both! I’m not bliss dragon for nothing, you know!

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got great points there, that's why I always love checking out your blog.

My blog:
taux pret consommation et rachat de credit locataire