There is a ferocious strength emerging in individuals - a kind of leonine, dragonesque roar of power, yet newborn and still sweetly birth-smelling and vulnerable (for now). However, I ask you all to hold onto your hats.
Watch your friends, check your kids, feel the signs inside - those flashes and rumbles tell of the coming flood of forceful new energy.
Are you scared yet? All that phenomenal power hurtling towards you? YEEE HAH!
You know how it feels when you're going on one of those hold-on-tight-and-scream rides, then as soon as it stops you want more and you beg to be allowed to go again? Uh huh. Oh yes. We're going to get what we asked for. Yay! Shit! Yay...I think?
Dragons and lionesses represent a powerful, earthy feminine. They talk to us of qualities that have no words in our tongue. They are symbols for being our most magnificent self.
I used to dream mythological stories of twelve lionesses waking up after a long slumber. Each is a goddess in her own right, each knows ancient secrets. Each walks Africa and wakes up the women and teaches them to be real, to remember, to balance the power and heal consciousness.
The men respond. They do not want to tame or kill this force. Instead they marvel at the reflection of their inner truth as they watch it walking powerfully over the earth, and they know that all is saved.
Its as if the dragon sighed and rolled over in her sleep, the lionesses got up and stretched: time for the hunt to begin (no words, no frantic signals, just synergistic and functional action), the women felt it, the earth shook. 'Now!', they all say.
This is the power I mean. Its source is joy.
The lions on my computer have been compelling me. These are intimate photographs! (The Lionheart Project came out of a dream that G birthed, but that's another story and the most phenomenal body of work.) Then yesterday as I was working with TJ (God, that woman can use music!) I noticed pictures of lions on her wall. I mean, I know the kids are doing The Lion King as the school play, and L is Simba, but how far does an analogy have to stretch? Anyway, just to be clear, this morning I woke up and roared!
Lions have always had strong stories attached to them like colourful strands of ribbons. In Egypt and Rome they represented the sun god, in Middle Eastern stories they are the goddesses Ishtar and Astarte, appearing to humans riding on lions backs. The two headed Sphinx represents the Lions of Yesterday and Today and symbolises Time. The one headed Sphinx is the Destroyer. Lions are Power, Courage, Strength, Royalty and Deity. Lions have got a bit of a vibe!
And then, of course, there's the white lions birthed by golden lions. White lions with blue eyes are specifically sacred messengers to Africans. Along with other white animals (like white buffalo in North America), they have been mythologised as change-makers that bring gifts. Their coming was foretold.
So, today I hear about Nmachi Ihegboro, born of Nigerian parents. This newborn is white skinned, blue eyed and blonde haired. Her parents are black with no known white ancestry. The geneticists are amazed and this is certainly not how they explained it in school biology! She is not Albino. (They call her 'a rare mutation'- hmmmm). The striking thing (apart from emerging out of a black woman's belly) is her hair. Apparently it has a very specific blondness - more blonde even than blonde children usually are...
Possibilities of extra-marital nookie aside, Nmachi might just be another wonderfully sacred messenger. Her birth alone says "anything is possible, folks".
Really makes me wonder whats hiding in my so-called junk DNA...
Like I said, remember to hold onto your hats!
No comments:
Post a Comment