The natives of America referred to humble pie as eating crow. it goes something like this:
Get dramatic - spurred on by inspiration and urging,
Commit recklessly to an idea you love,
Make promises to yourself and others,
Break them,
Eat Crow.
This is somewhat like my process with this blog.
I humbly apologise.
I went away convinced I would be able to blog every day and found, instead, that I could not. Ah - commitment and assumptions: a direct route to anguish. I wrestled the physical shimmerings that went down my arms and through my mind as I blogged in my head and talked myself down. I roped in some good guilt and spiced it all up with "but how could you commit and then not do it?!?" Then I relaxed. I was in dragon country.
I stayed in dragon country with two dragon women and seven dragon kids. We basked in that beautiful ancient countryside and ate wonderful raw food feasts, danced realities and negotiated community dynamics. We drank strong Mocha Java by the fire, made indulgent chocolate truffles, and absorbed the beautiful view. But we did not blog. Technology bows to the earth-love of that dragon place!
So, instead of writing words, I listened. Well... I talked lots, of course, but I also listened. I listened to Being There, the mountains and the space. I listened to old stone circles, rocks and water. I listened to the two most beautiful, wise women and I listened to the children. A lot of wisdom was whispered into my cells!
When they are not eating it, the natives of America also consider Crow to represent ancient wisdom. Actually, maybe even when they are eating it, they remember that we 'eat' wisdom when we surrender an ego attachment. The Europeans consider Crow to be a symbol of Death.
So here I sit, eating my ego, my promises, ancient wisdom and death. Its quite a good excuse for no blog for nine days, but I make no excuse. I walk on, eating crow and humble pie and getting damn full!
I'll be back...whenever.
No comments:
Post a Comment