Thursday, May 26, 2011

fok voort

To those of you that find this title disturbing, I make no apology. Sometimes you can only say it one way. To those of you who do not know what it means, it means: Ever onward with much gusto, little doubt and lashings of fortitude!

I have to say that Goddess Say-it-like-it-is came up with this little phrase as the only expression for all situations that may currently befall us. I like it. She and I have found that being little Fokkers gets us through life's challenges with plenty of humour to spare. Naturally it raises some eyebrows, but what can I say - fok voort!

Perhaps it is Wimpy coffee and the red vinyl seats in the morning sunshine? Whatever. (The sublime comfort of this particular caffeinated experience has long kept me going through the coffee-snob's desert that is currently home.) Sitting on said vinyl, many a cackling conversation has brightened my day. Say-it-like-it-is and others have ensured that I roll out of there on a weekly basis, having solved the worlds issues - at least until next time - and feeling like anything and everything can happen.

I suppose this brings me to one of life's greatest pleasures: friends. If I think of all the people that have sat their bums down with me and shared a yarn, a giggle or a cry, my heart opens with the wealth of it all. Some of these treasured gems are no longer part of my daily reality, but every one is precious. I can conjure up a moment shared and feast on it (and regularly do!)

So, friends, - remember this: when the going gets tough, just fok voort, because its only those that do, that are still here when the sun comes up.

Amen, Awomen and so say we.

No comments: