I fall in love constantly.
In my youthful youth, I had a friend that was always falling in love with different women. It was one of the qualities I adored about him – his capacity to be entranced, excited and thrilled by variety, nuance and gorgeousness . Of course, now that I am a woman of a certain age, I mostly fall in love with children and animals (believe that, and you’ll believe anything! :))
Really, I do fall in love with children and animals, but I also fall in love with men, woman, spaces, places, gadgets, stones and, regularly, my husband. I fall in love with moments, lines in a book, songs, smells and certain looks. I just love falling in love, I want to bottle the feeling and keep it as a tonic.
I’m delighted by the fact that some mornings of the week I awake next to my great bear of a cuddle-man and then, quite randomly and suddenly, I awake to a pulsating exciting feeling. There, in the same spot next to me is a totally enthralling and delicious being that zings my blood, enlivens my hair follicles and sends me on my way in a completely different spirit.
And I’m not talking about sex (believe that…etc etc.) No, really, this posting is not about sex (.…or is it? Perhaps its about holistic sex? Anyway, I digress.)
I’m trying to work out if its hormones, biorhythms, zodiac signs, nutrition or plain stir craziness. I have decided its perfect crazy bliss wisdom and a lot to do with attitude. What better way to dance through life? What savings on vitamins and energy drinks!
Now, if I can just work out how to bottle this good attitude, I’ll have discovered the fountain of youth! Two teaspoons attitude, one teaspoon falling-in-love. Shake and stir!
2 comments:
I think just waking up with your husband in bed with you must help a lot...
:) - it sure is a blessing!
Post a Comment