Thursday, June 24, 2010

Temperence

I have always wanted to be a wild-crafted woman.

When I was long-ago, I went to a body practitioner for some belly-work. I was pregnant and my gut was talking! Somehow we got to somewhere and I was telling her about how I longed to be wild and free. She was disapproving, although professional.

She asked me why I felt this need to rebel, I tried to explain that wildness is not about behaviour so much as untamed Being. I told her I wanted to be Wilderness Bush. She asked me what was wrong with a golf course. I gave up. I agreed they are very beautiful, because they are, but I felt a sadness about all that regular mowing and fake-fertilising over that emerald lawn. Don't worry - she didn't understand either!

Last night, after a day of fires, I was woken by the smell of smoke. I ignored it as long as I could, snuggled as I was between warm bodies, both four-legged and two legged! Finally, it was too strong for me to ignore and I got up to see.

On the South horison was a huge, deep orange glow - wild-fire wildness having her winter party! I sighed and went back to bed. I don't feel too much fear anymore. My relationship with wild-fire has gone from yearning, to mesmerized, to quiet respect. I see that the wildness can be challenging and I no longer snicker at my golf-course sprinklers. Yep, I have gained a bit of wild-fire wisdom.

So, contemplating temperance, I went to my cupboard this morning and took out the Tsunami in a Bottle. Remember the big tsunami a few years ago, the one that washed the beaches of Thailand? Well, the wonderful CCS collected tsunami-sea-water and put it in a mayonnaise jar - Nola, the taste you can trust - and bought it to me! It even had some stones and shells in it!

Over time this Tsunami concentrated until it became essence, the water evaporated and the jar has been filled with beach sand, salt crystals, the shells and stones... and, of course, the concentrated essence of tsunami! The other day it spontaneously popped - a nice oval piece of glass made a satisfying sound and jumped out of the cupboard. It broke the bottle and released the tension.

Fire and Wind, Sand and Water. This morning I decided to honour temperance. I took the tsunami contents and placed them in a beautiful thick-glass vase and then I added feathers - lots of them. I gave my wildness large, graceful wings.

May peace reign in the bliss dragon household! Ho.

No comments: