Scene One:
Woman dons black hat, grabs her whip and stalks into the den of the innocent man. Seizing him, he gasps in horror as she yanks the scruff of his neck and snarls: "we need to talk". Blood fills the screen as he seizes up in fear. It is the night of "the difficult woman!" He hunches away from her, eyes haunted: "please, please," he begs, "I am totally innocent!" But hell hath no fury and he is not spared. Weeks later, he emerges into the daylight, eyes screwed up against the sun: "Is it over?" he asks. "Have I truly survived?"
(Blogging is therapy. You really should try it!)
Scene One (alternate):
The sweet princess, realising that it is time to share with her prince the yearnings of her heart and mind (as well as a few well-considered observations), happily slips into the room for some bonding and creative togetherness. But he cannot see the princess. She believes he must be seeing visions and sings inspiring songs. He cannot hear her. He moans in pain. She administers clarifying lotions and balms, but nothing soothes her tortured prince and, after a moment of confusion, she leaves her poor lover and looks for satisfaction elsewhere.
Luckily she has Lionheart, her gallant computer, and he has roast chicken to cook for school lunches, which is such a totally divine way for both of them to end the confusion. After minutes, she-devil, the princess, the prince and the garroting victim are all reconciled and happy, though no-one knows why she switched the soapie on in the first place!
Soap Opera's are so cliched. Total denial of the issues is comforting, but has a kind of weird side-effect which turns your mouth into a bitter twist. Instant Bliss works, but looks scarily like denial. Letting it out and re-framing is always good and, if done correctly can lead to slow-release bliss - that's the one I like the most... but blogging, love and a warm bath does the whole caboodle, so I'll soak a little, refuse to analyse and then cuddle all night :)
And to think, I was going to write about Teachers Evening!
2 comments:
Thank the dragons you left the parent's evening out....blegh!
I am red riding hood!
Cool! Are you looking for the wolf or grandma?
Post a Comment