It’s been ages since I could get to a computer and I have been experiencing the return of Itchy and Scratchy. Each day brings moments that I long to place in my own pattern of order by allowing the flow through my fingers, but no go and plenty else to concentrate on.
Yesterday there was movement. I was given this laptop to use – yay, a lap top! This is a significant advantage when one is living a nomadic lifestyle with a VW Beetle as chariot/caravan and little desk space to rest a weary hard drive! Then a pair of angels contrived together and the one inspired the other to offer me access! Access – a sweet word to a web deprived blogger. This means that I should be back in action in the next few days – a calamine balm to my jangled need!
So, today I write a pretend blog – I am not on line, nor can I get on line for a few days, but I do have a computer and this is too good an opportunity to waste! Now if I could just remember all the stories I have been gathering, we might actually get somewhere!
There was the fish-bowl story – an amusing tale of moving our fish from the ex-neighbours who had been babysitting them, to our new temporary abode. The fish bowl was in my lap and the road was contorted with gorge-like four-by-four-only chasms. Wet between the legs and smelling of fish has many connotations I am sure, but the moment has passed and I’m not going there now.
Then there was the very exciting story of being hit by a truck with full bang sound effects and absolutely no mark on my trusty chariot whatsoever! This falls into the spiritual experience category and, apart from giving me the shakes to rival Saint Vitus, gave me a solid sign that I am protected – and very gratefully so.
Two weeks after the fire and twelve years after we got married, to the exact day, we found a rescued brief case that has been occasionally used throughout the years and was given to me for my twenty first. On opening it we discovered the bill for lunch on the day we were married – laid out in the middle of the case as if left as a message by a secretary that had gone home! We just cried, clearly this union can survive the fire!
And on and on I could go, only I can’t because my brain is befuddled with detail and holding any more is a challenge. So suffice to say, I am glad to have access and shall be letting my fingers do the talking with relief!
No comments:
Post a Comment