Last night, I stood on the deck amongst the trees. The wind was whipping branches against the tin roof as she called the rain with a zeal borne of the stultifying day. Wood smoke scented the air and the remains of logs glowed. Fireflies flirted, fairy-like, as they hovered and darted further into the wood.
I breathed deep and I thought two things.
My first thought was: this is my church. I smelled the life and my whole being exhilarated in response. Cosmos, nature, forces - being alive is how I know divinity. This is my prayer and my response.
Divinity is a parable of glory and meaning, principle and power, laid out in the living library that surrounds and enfolds us. Knowing spirit by loving earth - a planet amongst the stars, a spiral in the cosmos - is an experience we know regardless of who we are. Here are the books to be studied, the classes to take and the teachers to learn from. Here are the songs, the wisdoms, the challenges and the secrets. We are all part of this wonder, our substance is universal and our cells know the oneness.
My second thought was: I am so lucky!
No comments:
Post a Comment